Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old March 17th, 2008, 08:33 PM

O/S: Windows Vista 64-bit
Acronis True Image not working

Yea I know, bit of a long read as I always do, but I did spare details where they were not needed.

OK, Windows is on what we call drive 1 of machine A, and Acronis True Image did a full backup and put that backup archive on drive 2, archive was validated with Acronis True Image and produced no errors.

Now I need to restore that backup on drive 2, to drive 1

Problems:

Acronis bootable media does not support my motherboard, so it cannot see my drives. I have a BartPE disk with Acronis built into it, that can see my drives. Yet, when I tried to restore from within BartPE, Acronis told me "The selected file is not an Acronis True Image Home archive or the file is corrupted. Please, select another file."

hmm, ok, BartPE has given me problems before, so I move the drives to another computer, the Acronis bootable media can see the drives on this machine (let's call it machine B). In the bootable Acronis disk, it gives me the same error about the image, BartPE gives the same error again on this machine.

So, I take a hard drive in an enclosure that has a slightly older backup (maybe a week old), and both the Acronis bootable media and BartPE.....guess what.....give the same error about this archive as they do about the other archive!

Now I have 2 ways of getting into the Acronis program, 2 computers, and 2 backup archives....and nothing works

So, how can this mess up so badly? Why is it giving me these errors when I know that the archives are fine? How can I restore?
Old March 17th, 2008, 11:55 PM

O/S: Windows Vista 64-bit
A reburn of the Acronis bootable media and it let me begin the backup, then it failed, but a second attempt at restoring worked