Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion > Comments & Suggestions

Notices

Comments & Suggestions Have a comment or suggestion to make about Cyber Tech Help ?

Closed Topic

Topic Tools
Old October 27th, 2005, 11:54 PM

Question How do I do That?

Hi Guys!
I have been using PhotoSuite4 for quite sometimes and eventhough I know how to use the program I still can't figure out how to create those 'MAGNETIC TEMPLATES". They are so cool!!!!: You choose a template which has a gray shaded area...You simply drag and drop a photo on top of it and magically the photo gets sucked automatically by some kind of a magnetic field between two layers inside the template. It's simply GREAT!
I hope you guru's know what I am talking about. My question is: How can I create those templates using PhotoSuite4 or better yet...using Adobe PhoroShop6 and higher. Please HELP ME. I am ready to get some tutoring. You may contact me directly: aribolt4000@hotmail.com
Thanks, Frantz
Old October 28th, 2005, 02:38 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
Quote:
I bet there's a million people out there like me who would love an understandable tutorial on installing Outlook. I have tried and failed many times. I have read what purport to be tutorials and easy references and never came away with the slightest idea what to do.
Which version?
PS: I probably won't have any time to write the article, but I'm sure that if someone else has some time, they might consider it.

aribolt: You may want to remove your e-mail address. You might get spam, and it is best for the answers to be posted here so others with the same problem can find the solution too.
Old February 6th, 2006, 05:24 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
That thing above, does it work?
Old March 26th, 2006, 10:12 AM

O/S: Linux
I'd like to see a tutorial on speeding up your computer, defragment, clear the msconfig startup list of junk, etc.
Old March 26th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Banned

I would love simple clear instructions on using paint shop pro 8
I cant make head or tail of it. the help isnt much good at all
Old July 9th, 2006, 06:03 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
I am not sure if this would be called a tutorial:
I enjoy reading the various post and helping myself before I get into trouble. The people here have saved my sanity on more than one ocassion. I find dozens of programs that are suggested but do the same thing. There are quite a few different issues addressed by others. There must be a dozen registry cleaners, bet there are more, etc. Could the tech gurus come up with a suggested list perhaps that would be easier for us less familiar? I note that I have three registry cleaners and I bet I only need one. Also perhaps suggestons of when to run them?
Old July 9th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Cyber Tech Help Administrator

Here ya go, Doctor!
Old July 9th, 2006, 07:21 PM

Thanks zip. But that page still offers several reg cleaners for example. Maybe it is not acceptable to recommend one reg cleaner and one anti virus and one spyware blocker etc. but that is what I really meant. I see tons of those listed, many for free, but which one? I have ccleaner, regcleaner, and regscrub. I guess as a very much novice user I am afraid to download too much but also to fail to install what I need. Does that make sense?
Old July 9th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Cyber Tech Help Administrator

Not a tutorial, but I can tell you what I use. Personal preference, but these work well for me with my setup (XP Pro, 700Gigs of storage, ½-a-zillion partitions). Mind you, I do a bit of adding/deleting programs & apps & such, so I use these quite often to minimize total havoc:

Ccleaner
RegCleaner (Jouni Vuorio's program)

That's about it. I've used System Mechanic a time or two, but the above 2 (with occaisional manual registry editing) keeps things nice & neat.
Old July 9th, 2006, 09:05 PM

Thanks I have both of those already loaded. What about all these "optimization programs" that I see. Cannot recall any names at the moment however? Are those worth the cost?
Old August 21st, 2006, 10:48 AM

Can we have a tutorial type thing about WHY we should have Anti-Virus and anti spystuff installed?
I understand for myself but I see it said often in the forums that " I don't bother with it" or "I don't need it" and "I've never had any trouble with viruses" .
It would be handy if we could refer them to a definitive post by one of the cybersafety dudes [or dudettes]

Thanks.
ps. I looked first - couldn't find one.
Old September 11th, 2006, 01:22 AM

I have a couple tutorials. I have one about building a pc. I took apart my pc and rebuilt it taking pics (alot of them) and wrote it it. I also have a good tutorial on making windows more productive on only one Hard drive? I tried clicking the link but toiok me to an unknown space.
Old September 11th, 2006, 03:56 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows Vista 64-bit
Hi asa_sniper,

There was a server migration not that long ago and I guess that link was left dangling. Thanks for pointing it out, it is fixed now. (It should have pointed to http://www.cybertechhelp.com/tutorial/submit.php)
Old October 21st, 2006, 08:01 AM

O/S: Windows Vista 64-bit
How long does it usually take from submitting a tutorial until it gets on the site?
Old October 21st, 2006, 07:38 PM

Usually, a few weeks give or take, depending on how large it is (it needs to be verified and reviewd) and how busy the chief is. Currently, I think Mishy's completely backed up, I've got a couple tutorials I submitted almost a year ago that haven't been added yet, so if you've submitted one you may be in for a bit of a wait.
Closed Topic