Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old May 8th, 2017, 12:42 AM
CTH Subscriber

How to delete an update from install list

I am running what I call an XP+ version which is where I have made an entry in the registry to make it an embeded system, yes I know maybe not good but seems to work.

Propped up also is java running the latest version (not for XP) helps with the graphics on ebay along with the last version of Firefox that supports XP.

A cluster of updates for network framework 4 came in with one that keeps installing every time I shut down how can I delete it from trying?

I have tried to get it to install in various ways manual, shutting down protection etc but its a no go, as it truly does not belong thought to delete it.

Just to say a benefit of my system other than being a bit cranky is I get to see things which I should not mainly on ebay when they put hidden messages on a bad sale they may be following using their German security section, I think this down to browsers versus graphic handling as Firefox can display for older systems later web images.

Thanks for any help.......

David
Old May 10th, 2017, 04:07 PM

Have you even tried System Restore to a point prior to the update? If you try it, do it from Safe Mode. If it works change your Updates to never and do them manually instead. That way if you can discover which update is messing up you can hide it. You can always make a back up image if you get it working right so you can go back if System Restore fails later on.