Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > The Anything Else Board

Notices

The Anything Else Board This board has been designed for all those subjects that don't quite fit in any of the other categories, and is also a place to share ideas and knowledge that you think might prove valuable to our other visitors

Topic Tools
Old July 11th, 2016, 09:05 AM

same old problem' no sound on youtube etcetc....fed up!

I've posted on here before (and before) with this..... I am running W10/firefox/laptop. There's all sorts of stuff out there about no sound on my (a) PC. I have downloaded fixes, followed firefox instructions, tried Java (thanks but did not work), deleted and reinstalled flash, reconfigured flash, loaded a flash sortout add on, checked add on's etc etc you get the picture. There seems to be something 'going off' with the flash/firefox/youtube combo, and no sound on facebook, 'this is money' etc etc I now end up fiddling around aimlessly resetting stuff and then shutting down, sometimes (only sometimes) the sound is back on restart, but if I close the laptop lid or switch off it's gone again. I brought in local expert who, in the usual blur of buttons, reinstalled and generally faffed around (and installed Firefox without asking)("it's better" apparently)....no full time fix. So is it time to throw the lot out of the window or is there a simple and idiot (me) proof way of reconfiguring this thing to get sound all the time....do I need to spend another fifty quid on another 'expert'?