Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old March 17th, 2010, 06:33 PM

Offline Browsing / Caching

Hi,

I've always been confused by caching / offline viewing. From what I understand, caching stores images/sounds on a page so that the browser doesn't have to download them each time I visit the same page. I don't see why it wouldn't save the text as well (or maybe it does and I'm just missing something).

My situation is such that I go to the office during the day and surf the web. I find pages that I'd like to read later while at home so I let them finish loading and bookmark them. I don't have an Internet connection at home. When I go home and click the bookmark, the browser cannot load the page without an Internet connection.

Is there a way to have it such that every page (all media AND text) that I load while at the office can be saved somewhere on my hard drive so that I can view it at home without an Internet connection? I've tried Offline Browsing/Work Offline to no avail.

I know storing all that data would be add up, but there must some app/add-on that would allow me to set a limit in days, pages, GBs saved.

Thanks for any help!
Old March 17th, 2010, 09:58 PM

Sorry, I spoke too soon. After some searching of Firefox add-ons, I found READ IT LATER. We'll see how well it works.