Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old May 5th, 2005, 04:38 AM

Windows won't start after hibernate

I hava a computer set up to dual boot between linux and xp. Linux and xp are on different drives and I use the bios to specify what hard drive to boot off. When I log off from xp I have been telling it to hibernate for the last few weeks with out any problems. The other day I needed some more space on the main partition of my xp drive so I removed a few programs (aol and compuserve.) It asked to if I wanted to reboot and I click reboot later. When I was done I told xp to hibernate and it did. Now I can not get xp to boot. It goes from the bios checks to a screen with a blinking cursor, no starting windows, and no menu to select safe mode. I am not sure that the program removal and hibernate is the cause but it is the only thing out of the ordinary that happened.

I can boot into linux and view the contents of the xp drive. I have also booted into the recovery console and ran fixmbr, bootcfg, fixboot, and chkdsk /r without any improvments.

Any ideas????
Old May 8th, 2005, 07:41 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Try here:http://www.sharewareconnection.com/titles/reboot.htm