Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old March 29th, 2005, 05:47 PM

Please Help...My PC is screwed

Ok heres my problem. Well my PC stopped working about 4 days ago. It was working fine 4 days ago until one day my PC just started freezing after about 15 minutes of getting into windows. I tried to Cntrl-alt-delete but nothing would respond, so i had to either restart the PC or power it off completely. This problem kept happening alot so i had to restart or power off my PC alot. Then when i began to start the PC the monitor wouldnt come on with the PC, so i kept powering it on and off...and sometimes the monitor will work with the PC and i can get into windows...but it will freeze again if i do alot of activity in windows such as getting online or ect...so i decided to run my virus program and i had alot of spyware show up. So alot of the spyware that was there couldnt be cleaned to i deleted the infected files through Norton. I also tried a system restore and it worked for a little because i was able to stay on longer but it eventually freezed again. So now when i try to boot the monitor wont work with the PC, and now theres an orange light on the front of the PC next to what looks like a battery and the green light next to the lightbulb icon only comes on sometimes(I can hear the fans and ect working thoughand the drives work). Could this be the power supply(because I have incorrectly restarted and powered off the PC about 100 times now because of the freezing)? I am really looking to do anything to fix it now and i dont care about lossing data. Im a noob to all of this troubleshooting stuff so I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks alot

Last edited by xoptimaxx; March 29th, 2005 at 05:53 PM.
Old April 1st, 2005, 08:39 PM

Have your files written to disc (if possible) then re-format the pc!