Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Open Discussion A place to chat with other members about non-technical related topics

Topic Tools
Old November 15th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

More Google???

http://www.moregoogle.com/

What is MoreGoogle?
Wouldn't it be cool if Google had some Amazon-like features, such as user ratings, recommendations, reviews, etc? The goal of MoreGoogle is to make Google an even greater place for finding information, much like Amazon is the greatest place for shopping. I try to gather useful information about web sites and integrate this information into Google.

MoreGoogle is not Google. MoreGoogle is more Google :-) It's a tiny piece of software that aims to extend your Google experience.

Google Inc. has nothing to do with MoreGoogle; they probably don't even know this site exists.

Why would I need MoreGoogle?
You probably won't need it - but if you're like me, you'll want it! MoreGoogle adds cool features such as site preview images, Amazon pricing, site info links and the fabulous Open-in-New-Window-button to Google. And that's just the beginning. In fact, if I have a cool idea that can enhance Google, I'll just add it - like this, for example. Also, if you have an idea, let me know

What makes MoreGoogle different from [Google, Alexa, MSN] Toolbar?
A couple of things:
  • MoreGoogle doesn't mess up your computer.
    MoreGoogle is a single, 30 kilo(!)bytes tiny DLL. (Yes, that's right: the installer is 10x the size of the actual DLL ) Isn't that elegant? When was the last time you installed something this small?
  • MoreGoogle doesn't clutter up your screen.
    I believe there must be like 200 free toolbars these days, and honestly - I don't like them. They are always visible even though I need them only 10% of the time. MoreGoogle is there when you need it.
  • MoreGoogle doesn't "spy" on you.
    Unlike most toolbars, MoreGoogle doesn't collect any statistics. Period.
Old November 15th, 2004, 08:33 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
I am going to wait until after the lawsuit to even consider it.