Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old March 21st, 2004, 03:10 AM

Large hard drive data loss

I recently re-installed XP on my system. At the time, I was using a 120GB Primary HD, and a 160GB Slave. I backed up all my files to the 160, then reinstalled the OS to the 120. Unfortunately, I re-installed the slave before I re-downloaded SP1, so I ended up screwing up the files because large hard drive support wasn't enabled. Now when I access it from my computer, it only shows a few files (30GB) on the drive, when I had about 153GB of information. Also, when I mouse over the drive icon, it shows me that it's a 160GB drive with 7 GB available space; however I have scanned it with several trial versions of data recovery software and it won't read most of the information that's gone. The files it does read, it tells me the files are corrupted, and it thinks the drive is only a 137 capacity. I'm not a pro, so I really don't understand the extent of what I've done or if there is any possibility of recovering my data. Any help would be great.