Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old December 9th, 2011, 06:39 PM

Horrible Vista Problems

Hello, I have Vista Home Basic and I keep getting this Error Message:

---------------------------------------------------------------
Logon Process Has Failed To Create Security Options Dialog.

Failure - Security Options.

---------------------------------------------------------------

It takes Windows forever to boot up, once it can everything freezes after any user input and and windows program shows "Not Responding". In safe mode I am able to at least get CMD running but "chkdsk /r" says it will start up the next time windows is restarted and never does. rstrui.exe, services.msc, msconfig will not run either. I did at one point get services.mcs to work but the reported fixer "disable Superfetch" does not fix the problem. Hijackthis indicates nothing is running that is bad, virus scans come back clean, and eMachines Restore does not load.

I did at one point also get System Restore; (rstrui.exe) to load however it never initialized after letting it run for 3 hours straight. Task manager runs sometimes and the thing eating up alot of the CPU during all this is a windows service that once ended, disables DCOM and has to reboot. I have the OEM number sticker on the labtop still but the pc came without a disk, I simply just want to do a repair because I have important information on that hardrive yet Windows can not format any discs or recognize any USB besides the mouse.

Is there any way I can get a non OEM Vista CD from anywhere so I can at least restore or repair my PC?

CPU: 1.6 AMD Athlon 64
Ram: 4 GB
VGA: Radeon X1200
DVD Rewritable Drive

For more info look up eMachines E620 if needed.

x--!UPDATE!--x

Now after giving up I just get a blue screen when I try to put in any Windows OEM CDs such as Windows Xp or Windows 7 to just partition and reinstall the damn thing.

xX---!!UPDATE!!---Xx

I have been trying to fix this PC for 4 days now, I gave up.

I just now changed the SATA to "Native Mode" and that seemed to resolve the XP issue. Goodbye piece of crap Vista for now, Native does not like Windows 7 still but oh f'in well. Sorry I decided to do this rather than wait for a response this thread is now closed and I will start a new one in XP if needed seeing how I have had such crappy luck so far. Seeing how Windows Updates of XP has caused a lot of problems for people just recently I can hardly wait to finish waiting for the partition and then updates and drivers to install just to see that blue screen again.

Last edited by XxBodomxX; December 9th, 2011 at 09:51 PM.