Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows ME

Notices

Windows ME Problem solving for the Windows ME Operating System

Topic Tools
Old February 11th, 2010, 04:39 PM

multiple volume controls

I have a creative sound blaster PCI card . When I go to open volume controls I get 5 different volume controls: volume, wave, SW synth, line in, and CD. The volume and wave do the same thing. If I turn down the volume of one of them the other goes down too even though the slider on that control is all the way up.I want to turn down the volume of the sound scheme. (the sounds associated with minimizing windows, when windows boots on, etc. while keeping music I play on the web at a higher volume. What happens is when I play internet music fairly loud when I go to reboot or minimize a window the sound associated with those functions is to loud . It blasts and I don't want my speakers damaged.Another question is what is SW synth for? I didn't know how to google this question so I'm asking youz. Thanks