Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old December 30th, 2009, 03:04 PM

Exclamation dell laptop wont start

first off the laptop started but went to a black screen with a white curser and now when i turn the laptop on it just wont start at all and i get 2 beeps followed by a pause i was hoping someone could shed some light on this issue and if it is a fixable problem.

it is an inspiron 1545

thanks for any help in advance it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by jamieb; December 30th, 2009 at 03:13 PM. Reason: to add name of laptop
Old December 30th, 2009, 10:51 PM

Hi,
Here:
http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...es.htm#1101734

seem to suggest RAM problem.

And here:
http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...ce.htm#1101964

shows you how to re-seat the RAM.

mickzer.
Old December 31st, 2009, 01:05 AM

Hello there,

You were right i managed to fix it just before i got a reply, the ram weren't seated properly but as soon as i got that in place it seemed to work it even fixed an on going problem that i had before hand where i was getting a black screen with a white cursor at startup is it common with this laptop because i am a training technician and it was the first time i seen the black screen and white cursor problem.

thanks for your help anyways,
jamie
Old December 31st, 2009, 02:42 AM

Hi,
As a training technician, you're way ahead of me . I only dabble at computers. (And Google a lot). Glad you got it sorted, any way.

mickzer.