Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old September 25th, 2009, 05:16 PM

Windows Update Stop codes

I said okay to a windows vista update and now all I have is a blue screen with a stop code c1f5. From looking around online, this seems to have happened to a lot of people. I can't boot into safe mode. I can't boot from the rescue discs. Microsoft sent me a Windows DVD which I cannot boot from either. Microsoft's latest reply? You're on your own...pay someone to reinstall Windows...maybe this will help. After I see how they back up their mistakes, why would I choose microsoft again? I think it's time to look into the different operating systems...
Anyone else get brushed off for this?
Old September 25th, 2009, 10:31 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hi TamSoc. There is a limit to what can be done over the phone. jazz836062 posted a link in this topic that had a link to a fix -> here. Did you try it? The link to SystemRescueCD seems to be broken so here is another one. If you need help with the fix, post a new topic in our Linux Forum and I'm sure someone will help you.