Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old September 12th, 2009, 12:16 AM

Post Hi guys

I just bought a sweex mp451 mp3 player and neither my laptop or desktop will recognise it. Itshows up as removable disc but when i try to sync files in windows media player, the connect device message stays up.

Both laptop and pc are running windows home basic.

I would appreciate any and all help.

cheers

John
Old September 12th, 2009, 06:16 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hi John and welcome. I checked on the Sweex site and I see that your model is touted as being compatible with Vista.

Have you installed all services packs and updates? If so, it's possible that a driver update is now needed to make this hardware compatible with the Vista/WMP updates. Especially as you have a problem with two computers. I honestly think you should be talking to whoever you purchased the MP3 Player from first.
Old September 12th, 2009, 10:18 AM

hi

hi annemarie and thanks for the welcome

yeah i have installed service packs and all drivers are uptodate. is there anyway that you know of that i can get it to recognise mp3 player? bought mp3 player in liverpool and like a typical bloke threw away receipt before flying back to Ireland lol

thanks again

John
Old September 12th, 2009, 10:37 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
I'm sorry John but I dont. This type of problem is usually fixed with a driver update however I checked on the Sweex site and there are no updates available (that are publicly posted anyway) for their hardware. If you are unable to contact the retailer, Sweex offer support.