Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old June 4th, 2009, 12:51 PM

Problem reading CDR's recorded with old PC (w/XP)

I have some back up CDRs with jpg photos I had created on my old PC which was running XP Home. My new machine is running Vista Home and when I try to read these CDRs, the machine sees them as blank discs. However, factory CD games/etc. are readable. I recently discovered that if I have one of my back up CDRs in the drive during boot up, then the machine does recognize it and allows me to view the jpg files. Any ideas? I'm also not able to read some pdfs I had recorded on CDR but this trick doesn't work with them.
Old June 6th, 2009, 01:50 AM

bump...