Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old January 24th, 2009, 11:25 PM

O/S: Windows Vista 64-bit
Question Problem with Vista LiveCam.exe? Dell XPS M1330

Hello. I have a problem with my webcam on my Dell XPS M1330 laptop. I try to use it and it will say "livecam.exe has stopped working" and it closes. It says windows will check for a solution but it doesnt find one. It is a brand new computer. I dont know what to do for it and NOTHING online has helped. I have reinstalled the webcam from the disc that came with the computer, I have rolled back and updated the drivers, and I have disabled and re-enabled the device. What do I do??

P.S. I have tried downloading other programs to see if they work (ex: Yawcam) and they just close once I choose the Dell Integrated Webcam choice...Lost!! Help.
Old January 25th, 2009, 07:06 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hi pinkjimmy5 and welcome. Dell have a troubleshooting tool to help with webcam issues. See the first link returned in my search here. If the troubleshooting tool doesnt resolve your issue, they invite you to contact them for further help at the bottom of the page.
Old January 4th, 2010, 02:59 AM

DELL M1330 Webcam-same problem-plz help

Hi Pinkjimmy5,

I was wondering if this issue was resolved and how? I have a new M1330 with a webcam that I get an error message for when trying to use the videotaping feature in the webcam manager. I have also uninstalled, reinstalled, updated the driver, and now DELL wants to send a new camera to me and have me reinstall the OS. How did this get fixed? The link the AnnMarie put up doesnt have an answer and DELL is more of a problem.

Please help!

Thanks
B