Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old July 1st, 2008, 07:40 PM

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
BSOD after Vista Loads

The computer is an HP dv9260us and it has Windows Vista Ultimate. It boots up and then goes to the loading bar, after the loading bar is seemingly complete, it goes to a blue screen. Oddly enough, it's not like any other in the fact that it isn't riddled with STOP codes. It looks like this:

"STOP: c0000145 {Application Error}
The application failed to intialize properly (0xc0000145). Click OK to terminate the application."

It continually restarts and refuses to boot into Windows at all. The hardware tests check out that the RAM is fine, and I've tried using IDE Emulation but it still won't work.
I'm kinda at a loss here, and I am trying not to have to resort to reinstalling Windows.

So, anybody have an input?
Old July 1st, 2008, 09:55 PM

Nobody? That hurts.
Old July 1st, 2008, 11:46 PM
CTH Subscriber

Hi Kalandros. Have you tried running Startup Repair and/or System Restore from the Vista DVD?

If so and no luck, maybe if we can get hold of a mini.dmp file (assuming a dump was created), we might be able to identify the application causing the problem and work out what should be done.

Plug in a flash drive and take note of the drive letter. Boot from the DVD and open a command prompt. See here for more help.

After the prompt type:

dir /s /a "C:\*.dmp"

and hit Enter. If any minidump files have been created, copy them across to your flash drive, zip them up and send them to me. I'll have a look at them for you if you like. My address is anniefriday@xtra.co.nz