Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old May 18th, 2008, 03:04 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
Sound Drivers with vista Blow

SO I have onboard sound and I upgraded to Vista and when i did I had problems with my microphone working . SO I did a full wipe and reload no problems with soundcard or mic or speakers . I then did an WIN Update and it added realtek ac'97 driver from Microsoft and everything was again screwed up. I then just did a sys restore and then did updates and removed it. WoW no issues well it keeps slippinh in and I have to restore it and remove that driver. I have tried using the Realtek drivers from manufacturer site ...same problem. I tried Guru 3d I have tried every where to no avail. can anyone tell me some ideas where to get drivers or if they had this issue and found a work around. My computer is listed in my sig.
Old May 29th, 2008, 10:18 AM

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
The only way to stop the driver downloading and installing is to turn automatic updates off. You then need to manually update your computer, once a week will do. All you have to do is start it off and then it will do it for you, however you do get the option of what updates to download and install. To do this, go to:

Start> All Programs> Windows Update

When the new window appears click 'View available updates' find the driver and un-tick it will not download and install the driver. You may have to do this every time you update however but it's is much quicker than restoring your PC all the time.
Old May 29th, 2008, 05:28 PM

O/S: Windows Vista 64-bit
wow I was just about to post something like this but I have the HD audio drivers and it still does not work can you delete what ever it is without restoring it
Old July 4th, 2008, 06:14 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
UPDATE: What I have found

So guys I found that if you turn of the audio enhancement then it works I have a 5.1 sound hooked up but only get 2 speaker going if you do this it drops that AudioDG to less than 3 % the only other thing I know to do is research SOUNDcards that don't use that file. I turned off by right clicking the speaker in the right hand corner and selecting
PLAYBACK DEVICES
then properties of the item that has the green check mark by it
go to advanced tab and turn off any enhancements you have checked in that tab
Old July 4th, 2008, 06:37 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Thanks very much for posting the fix Vox Fini. Much appreciated.