Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Networking

Notices

Networking Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Networking, router, and Wi-Fi issues

Topic Tools
Old November 23rd, 2007, 01:21 AM

[XP Pro] Wireless Connects but Internet does not work

I am using a Dell 600M with the Intel Centrino B/G 2200 wireless card. In my home network i am able to connect to a linksys wireless b/g wtr54g (i believe) and recieve an ip address/subnet... Anyway my laptop shows everything is connected and working but I cant connect to the internet. Browsers don't work, software, email... When my laptop is connected through hardwire though it works fine. I am beside myself and can't figure out why...

Here is what i did already..

uninstall/reinstall driver
install latest intel update
uninstall antivirus/firewall
disable firewall
windows repair function

I think it is a DNS issue but not sure. My wireless did work a few times but only for a minute each. Please let me know if you guys have heard of this.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 08:05 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows Vista 64-bit
Hi nwa122 and welcome to CTH. Let's check a few things and try to nail down the problem.

While connected wirelessly...

Run 'ipconfig/all' and post the back the output.
ping the default gateway and post back any errors.
ping www.google.com and post back any errors