Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows NT, 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012

Notices

Windows NT, 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012 Problem solving for the NT, Windows 2000, 2003, 2008 and 2012 Operating Systems

Topic Tools
Old February 22nd, 2006, 04:14 AM

Blue screen at boot. computer won't correctly boot even in safe mode... I NEED HELP!!

from another thread i read to download the service pack 4 for my windows 2000 pc.....i downloaded it and attempted to load it into my harddrive......there was some error on my pc so the entire service pack would not load at all but it was still on my computer sitting there. i looked and tryed to delete it since it was unusable....it told me that my computer might not run properly if i deleted it.....but since it never really was loaded onto m hardrive correctly i did not think it could do much damage....i deleted it....i logged off my computer.....a few hours later i came home and turned my computer on....within about 15 seconds of turning it on a blue screen popped up saying it could not find the source or the entry to the computer?? ...bottom line is that it would not boot correctly at all. i attempted many times yet the same thing happened. it also prompted to boot in safe mode. i did that but the blue pro.i am fairly advanced with computers but this boggles my mind and I do not know what to do. if anyone knows anything to help me it would help alot.....thanks...
Old February 22nd, 2006, 04:25 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
sounds difficult, I have encountered the blue screen of death. the only way to fix it I know of is to reload the OS. had some success with using the recovery console with windows xp pro but sounds like a damaged OS.
Old February 22nd, 2006, 04:34 AM

i have encountered "the blue screen" before but not this blue screen.......and when i had gotten it, it was while i was already using my computer, not before it had even booted up fully.......plus i have windows 2000 so i dunno if the windows xp recovery thing would work...what exactly is the OS? and how serious is my problem do you think?.....serious enough for me to have to take it to a pro?..anyone know any more?
Old February 22nd, 2006, 04:39 AM

depends on data on your harddrive, if not worth trying to save I would just install windows xp pro and start with a clean install. but you will lose all data on your drive. I don't fool with "pro's" because I build my own systems and networks. remember to always back up your data.
Old February 22nd, 2006, 09:36 PM

the data on my hardrive is important enough that I would like to still have it......can i fix the hardrive by loading the windows 2000 cd?
Old February 22nd, 2006, 10:39 PM

after researching on the backup computer that i am using now, i figured out that my problem is in fact the Windows 2000 version of the"blue screen of death". Even though this seems to be a serious problem, i am glad to know that it seems to be a common problem and hopefully it can be easily solved by myself or someone else. But my question is, do I need to have the windows 2000 disk to boot up the computer? and if i do not have it can I use a floppy boot disk created from a windows ME computer?....If absoluetly needed can I buy a Windows 2000 disk online through microsoft.com?.... And just wondering "bandito", why dont you mess with the pros? I am still considering going to Best Buy and letting the "Geek Squad" check out my computer......but hopefully I can just fix it myself......
Old February 23rd, 2006, 04:48 AM

Not to disrespect the pros but I can not afford what they charge. download the price list for the geek squad. it works out to about $179 an hour for what they charge. The one in our town wanted me to work for them at 9 bucks an hour part time. no thanks! plus I have my own OS's disc. windows XP pro and home and windows 2000 server. I use msn messenger. personally, I build performance gaming machines and don't let anyone do my work.
Old February 27th, 2006, 02:44 AM

blue screen at windows load up......need info on windows 200 boot cd...help

to follow up on my last post...........i have the blue screen at the windows start up and i dont have my windows 2000 cd to boot it and try and repair it.....it wont boot in safe mode.....i went to best buy and talked to a guy and he said the only place to get a boot cd is through ebay....i looked on ebay and they have a bunch of different cd's ....none authentic....but i dont know which one to get and if any would actually work or not.....i might have to take it in the best buy and have them repair it.....but i'd rather try and save 100+ dollars and repair it myself....but i dont know which cd on ebay would actually work.....if anyone can find a windows 2000 boot cd on ebay that will actually work please post the link or tell me anything else that might help my cause........thanks....