Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old December 31st, 2005, 04:01 AM

CPU usage I am going crazy!!

I still have this weird cpu usage problem. It occurs randomly as far as I can tell but usually after web surfing. The usage goes to 30%-60% and changes constantly. The system idle used to match this so when usage was 30% it would be at 70% but now it is at 99% even with the extra usage showing in task manager. No other process is using cpu in task manager. I have even tried monitoring ports to see if it was a network or port issue but once again nothing. I have tried all I know to find what is using the cpu while this is happening. I have ran multiple virus/mallware scans and have posted and cleaned everything using the mallware forum and still it occurs. Everything does run slower when this is happening and I usually reboot and it goes away for awhile. I am running Windows XP Home SP2 on a AMD 3400+ computer 512mb ram. Any ideas would be very welcome as I don't have any idea what to try next to fix this.

Thank you,

David
Old February 13th, 2008, 04:28 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
I'm having the same problem it start rigth after I install a router If you find out what to do please let me know too. Got a guy coming over if he fix my problem I'll let you know too

MsPeaches054