Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old July 31st, 2007, 05:28 PM

Have to reset the wireless

Does anyone have the problem of continually having to reset the wireless network adapter? I have a Gateway MT6707 Laptop with a Realtek RTL8187 adapter. I rolled back the current driver (May) to the April driver to see if that is the problem.
Old July 31st, 2007, 07:09 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
I have to reset mine usually after it has gone in to hibernation mode a couple of times. A simple reboot always takes care of it. I don't see the need to roll back the driver.
Old August 1st, 2007, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentoolink View Post
I have to reset mine usually after it has gone in to hibernation mode a couple of times. A simple reboot always takes care of it. I don't see the need to roll back the driver.
So far, since I rolled back the driver, I have not needed to reset the adapter. Maybe there is some conflict between the driver on the MD update versus the Gateway driver for the same adapter.