Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old September 5th, 2014, 10:07 PM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Internet froze the whole computer.

I have a
Toshiba Satellite A205-S7464 System Unit
Model PSAF3U-07300V
Serial number 97098275Q
Running on Vista Home Premium
32 Bit Operating System
2038 MB Memory
Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM) Duo CPU T5250 @1.50GHz (1.50GHz)

Last time I opened internet explorer, a white blank window popped up, saying navigation to website has been canceled. That is all it says on this window. It gives me no options on how to get out of it. I tried pressing on escape, that did not work. I tried Alt-Ctrl-Delete, that did not work either. So I pressed the power button to turn off the computer. But when I turned it back on, it went right back to that window. This time I turned it off using the power button, then removed the battery and power plug, and waited 5 minutes. When I turned it back on, it went right back to the same window. My computer is now frozen on this window with this message, and no matter what I do, I can’t get out of it.

I tried opening safe mode with networking, to install Virus and other scanners. But
When I tried to install Microsoft essentials in safe mode, so I could run a scan, it said Can’t install Microsoft security essentials on a computer running in safe mode. I tried to install Adaware Virus Scanner, Avira, Bitdefender, Malwarebytes, Microsoft Safety Scanner, Spybot, Trend Micro House Calls, and Ponda. None of them would install in safe mode with networking.

System restore will not work. I thought about doing a factory recovery, but this computer does not have a factory backup.

Also, I tried using a USB on it, but the USB ports are not working.

I don’t know what else to try. Can someone please give me some suggestions.
Old September 6th, 2014, 02:52 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
in safemode, try doing a system restore to a previously saved restore point.
Old September 6th, 2014, 08:11 PM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Thank you for your reply renegade600,
System restore will not work on safe
mode either.

This is my sisters computer, and she
brought me the original software that
came with the computer. So I did a
fresh install with it, and everything
is working great.

Again, thank you.