Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Closed Topic

Topic Tools
Old December 30th, 2009, 04:54 PM

Enterww.cab crashing virus scan?

Hi,

I'm having problems, the file Enterww.cab - which is a microsoft office file, is crashing any antivirus software I have installed. I'm currently running Avira and the whole system crashes when it gets to scan the aforementioned file. It crashed at the same point using AVG too. I have tried scanning in safemode and the same thing occurs. Microsoft office is fully functioning and there are no other problems with the system.

Vista is up to date, and Avira is up to date.

Any ideas?
Old December 31st, 2009, 12:34 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Office Enterprise 2007 Ben C? If so support is available from your IT Department and/or Microsoft for free. I suggest you take advantage of it.
Old December 31st, 2009, 12:42 AM

I've tried Microsoft Tech. Support before, with a problem with Vista, they went through the usual stuff (Was an issue that upon installing updates, the whole PC crashed and had to be rolled back) and the issue is still going on to this day, they stopped contacting us when they couldnt solve the problem, in summary, they were no good.

There's no mention of 'Enterprise' in the Office edition, its just Office 2007 as far as I can see.
Old December 31st, 2009, 01:00 AM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
For example, for Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007, the core product file is EnterpriseWW.msi, and the folder containing setup.exe is {90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}-drive, and it includes the following files:

EnterpriseWW.msi

EnterpriseWW.xml

EnterWW.cab

ID_00030.DPC

Office64WW.msi

Office64WW.xml

ose.exe

osetup.dll

OWOW64WW.cab

setup.exe

Setup.xml
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc179070.aspx

Where did you obtain your Office 2007 from?
Old December 31st, 2009, 01:17 AM

It came pre-loaded on a Dell Vostro 1700.
Old December 31st, 2009, 01:22 AM
CTH Subscriber

Did you purchase it brand new or second hand?
Old December 31st, 2009, 01:40 AM

It was my works laptop that I bought from them when they upgraded, so I guess its second hand.
Old December 31st, 2009, 02:17 AM
CTH Subscriber

I see. In that case I can only repeat my earlier suggestion, "support is available from your IT Department and/or Microsoft".

There are caveats on the transfer of EA licenses and without viewing the agreement your employer has with Microsoft, I dont know if you have the right to use this software. I think you will find that very few forums will offer help for members running Enterprise software.
Old December 31st, 2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
I think you will find that very few forums will offer help for members running Enterprise software.
Whay is that then?

The License was transferred to me, as was my copy of Autocad, it was a large company and these things arent allowed to go unnoticed, i'm sure you can appreciate that.

Back to the topic though as the issue has never been with my license.

I've spoken to Microsoft before, they were very little help, I believe the call centre was in India and I will not speak to call centres in India out of principal (If you lived where I do in the UK you would understand)

If you don't know how to help then I fully understand and appreciate all the help you have given so far.

I have a friend who is a Microsoft Engineer, I shall hunt him down and ask him if he knows a solution.

Thanks again
Old January 1st, 2010, 12:34 AM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
Back to the topic though as the issue has never been with my license.
It is as far as we are concerned Ben. From our Terms of Service:

We will NOT help anyone we suspect of having obtained their software illegally.

There are various illegal avenues that a dishonest person can use to obtain Office Enterprise 2007 and many of these downloads contain malware. I find it odd that two different virus scanners crash on that cab file. One crashing could just be a false/positive but two hints at a malware issue.

Quote:
The License was transferred to me, as was my copy of Autocad, it was a large company and these things arent allowed to go unnoticed, i'm sure you can appreciate that.
That being the case, why were you unaware that you were running Enterprise software? Something doesnt quite add up there either.

Quote:
I have a friend who is a Microsoft Engineer, I shall hunt him down and ask him if he knows a solution.
Good idea. There is nothing further I can add to this topic so I will close it.
Closed Topic