Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old October 2nd, 2009, 02:12 AM

Freeze on boot, My Docs shows, no explorer.exe

Definitely have a Virus or very bad malware. Downloaded a file last night, after running, a fake security center window opened and began to "scan". A few seconds after, the background changed and then the computer blue screened. Now whenever I try to boot, it just shows My Documents and then nothing else happens. The virus/malware disabled the task manager from opening, so I can't run explorer.exe. I have no start menu of desktop icons. All I get is the My Documents window. I've looked around at some other sites and seen that its probably a registry error, as well as a virus/malware. However I can't access my reg edit, since no start menu or run command available.

Have tried booting in safe mode, but same results happen. System Repair does not work either, even with recovery disk inserted.

One other note, I tried to access Task Manager and System Restore by using the Help window from my documents, and I get a message saying it has been disabled by a group/policy. (This group/policy being my infection)

Any help is greatly appreciated. I am computer-savvy so don't hold back! Just a little stuck right now
Old October 2nd, 2009, 02:24 AM

O/S: Windows 11
Well go back to the forums menu and scroll down to the malware removal forum and post a new topic there. They will get you cleaned up...the only ones here that are allowed to help with malware removal are moderators so people like me dont screw your system up they are miracle workers though, good luck with your problem