Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old August 24th, 2009, 02:12 AM

strange picture on desktop

Im not sure why but whenever I start up the computer and login I get this picture in the bottom left corner that I cant click on and no matter what it wont go away.

The picture seems to be random sometimes it says something about the weather and another time it had something about the news. Is there anyway to get it to go away and how did it get there in the first place.
Old August 24th, 2009, 02:49 AM

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
I am not sure exactly what this is, but looks like it is enabled by a startup program that can be disabled in the msconfig startup menu. Basically you will have to hunt through msconfig, identify the various programs running, and disable the one associated with your mysterious picture. In all likelihood, this resulted when some software was unwittingly installed. Also, you probably have more programs than you need to be running at startup. These are items you can work through. For instructions on how to use the msconfig, see the link below and selectd the appropriate button for your OS. Good luck.

http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/