Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old June 5th, 2009, 12:36 AM

Laptop Problems!

Hi. When i start my laptop up windows error recovery comes on and I choose to start windows normally. It goes into disk checking and finds an error that begins 113/volume/system32/mscoree.dll. Windows starts, but with the old, grey toolbar of the old Windows.

An error then comes up saying c:\windows\systemre\mscoree.dll is either not designed ti run on Windows or contains an error. Try installing program again using the original installation media or contact your system administration.

Then an other one comes up saying BBC IPlayer Desktop BBC IPlayer dekstop.exe - corrupt file. The file or directory c:user\appdata\roaming\macromedia,com\support\flas hplayers is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the chkdsk utility.

Anyone know whats wrong and how to fix it?
Old June 5th, 2009, 01:33 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Check here... http://consumerdocs.installshield.co...8178&sliceId=1
Old June 8th, 2009, 01:04 AM

Thanks for the reply, the only problem is that after it tells you to run chdisk utility the computer freezes. I can still move the mouse but I can't open any programs/windows.
Old June 9th, 2009, 08:35 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hi higgydfc. Can you navigate in Safe Mode (restart your laptop and tap F8 continuously as it restarts)?