Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Closed Topic

Topic Tools
Old June 6th, 2009, 04:21 PM

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Virus and Mcafee issues

Hello.
Im running Windows Vista Home Premium
Service pack 1
32-bit operating system
Im a customer of Comcast who provides Mcafee free to subscribers.
I recieved a pop up that Mcafee couldnt update the security suite.
I went thru the comcast home page, to get to Mcafee direct and download.
after signing into comcast, clicking on "i agree" on the mcafees terms of service, im given a serial # and then click on the "download" I am then redirected to "internet explorer cannot find the web page."
I spoke to Mcafee this morning, we tried to download the mcafee removal tool, so that I could re-install Mcafee. (I uninstalled this morning) and When I click on the link, I get the same "internet explorer cannot find the webpage"
Mcafee instructed me to do a command promt, and the information I gave them, they've told me I have a virus/trogen and for $90 they can help me remove it!!
Is there anybody here who can help me? I am unprotected right now, and really need to get this fixed
Any help, is - as always - greatly appreciated.

Last edited by angel; June 6th, 2009 at 04:34 PM. Reason: typo
Old June 6th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Posted in Cyber Safety. Please be patient, angel. The experts in the Malware Removal forum are always busy.

If your post in Malware Removal hasn't had a response after two days, read this thread.
Closed Topic