Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old November 1st, 2007, 11:04 PM

making a lexmark all in one centre work on vista

i have recently bought a laptop with windows vista basic on and a lexmark x1290 printer which is supposed to be compatible. it is for printing but i can't get the all in one centre to download thefore i am unable to scan and copy etc only print. can anyone help
Old November 1st, 2007, 11:30 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
A link to download the Vista (32 bit) drivers for the X1290 is on this page.

Save the file to your computer's hard drive. In other words, when the window comes up asking what you want to do with the file, don't tell it to "Run," tell it to "Save".

Unplug the printer from the computer, go to where you saved the file and double click it to run it.

Then just follow the prompts on the screen. It will tell you when it needs the printer plugged in and turned on.