Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Networking

Notices

Networking Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Networking, router, and Wi-Fi issues

Topic Tools
Old February 21st, 2007, 01:00 AM

Network Connections Active, but why no internet/file sharing?

Hi,

My sisters' school lent them each (two) HP computers (XP Pro), and both are experiencing a strange network problem. Network connections appear as active in the control panel, but I cannot access internet on either one or see other computers on the network. Repairing the connection OR resetting the router does nothing.

They're both connected to a router that feeds me my internet connection just fine. My XP can't see them on the network either.

HOWEVER, one of the computers HAD internet/networking fine for some time before this happened. Yet system restoring doesn't help.

It can't be a network card issue can it? Not if it's happening on two machines? And one HAD internet before.

I've tried everything I can think of to fix this, and the school tech can only suggest that we bring them in, which is bothersome as it's a long drive, and could be days without the computer.

Can anyone suggest anything?

TIA,
DB
Old February 22nd, 2007, 03:39 AM

Problem solved. Router cables where mismatched. Everything fine now.

How do I delete this thread?
Old February 22nd, 2007, 06:53 AM
Cyber Tech Help Administrator

You don't - it may serve to help someone else with the same problem
So, thanks for sharing. You may have made someone else's day!