Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old July 4th, 2004, 03:56 AM

Programs that will not install or run

New fax software will not install, Edit from the command prompt will not start, other dos programs will not run. Edit and dos programs ran fine at eariler time.

Not sure how are why system restore was turned off and cannot restore before problem started. My research so far indicate that I need to modify my config.nt file.

Any info on how to resolve this problem or on what code to modify config.nt file with.

Emachine with XP professional

Thanks
Old July 4th, 2004, 04:50 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
what is the name of the new fax software?
Old July 4th, 2004, 09:13 AM

Dan

The name of fax program is CLICKFAX Pro from Data_Fabrication. The install file is an executable file. When I click on the file a message display this will install clickfax pro, ok to continue. After ok the program begin to extract the files and display the pecentage done, but before it complete it simply go away.

Have another program that was working fine, Loan.exe very old program that run at a command prompt. It act the same way, I click on it and it appears to start but simply go away before it start.

Tks
Old July 6th, 2004, 12:22 AM

I could not run or install hijack this and CWshredder, similar to the problem I am having with my fax software and dos programs. I did run spybot and ad-ware 6, and it removed the unwanted homepage from IE.

Is their any info on how to solve this problem.

Tks.
Old August 10th, 2004, 12:02 AM

Running Ms-dos Problems

I also came here looking for help with this problem. Did you ever get any solution? My program I am trying to run has performed admirably on computers with all common OS. This computer was updated from win98 or win95, I forget which now. Whether run from the command prompt or from an icon on windows screen it simply starts the dos window, stalls briefly, then apparently exits dos and you have your desktop back if from icon, or the command prompt back if from command prompt.