Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old August 17th, 2022, 08:50 PM

Reddit problems

I had a pithy thought about "Star Trek" and chose Reddit as the place to reveal it. I had not tried it before.

The post was immediately blocked; the message was that as many first posts were spam, I needed to get a mod to clear it. A link to the mod was provided.

And was dead.

I don't know if that same thing holds across the entire platform, but it looks from here like nobody new can post at all.

I didn't see any tutorials on line about how to avoid this conundrum, so I'm unable to access Reddit.

Anybody know the workaround? Thanks.
Old August 17th, 2022, 11:51 PM

Thumbs down

Ya everyone is going crazy over the stupidist little things!

My friend Jeff had an email service and he used MXROUTE for the hosting and I sent a text message (MMS) to a mobile device one day and the title was "Hey Buddy" and they thought my acct was compromised and deleted ALL EMAIL ACCOUNTS ON 199903.xyz!!

They blocked Jeffs access,he cant get in to create anymore....... He is trying to get the accounts back.... I fear this is the end of internet as we knew it....

I hope the reddit issues clear up!!
Old August 18th, 2022, 12:01 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
did you read the rules for the specific reddit sub? There are strange rules on some of them. Depending on the type of block, it could be temporary just for that sub. You should be okay on others. If your posts get deleted for whatever reason, it is easy to contact a moderator. There should be a list on the right side of the screen.