Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old July 4th, 2007, 02:38 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
pop ups - moved by Tom

Hi,

I recently reloaded my complete system. Before reload I had all popups sucessfully blocked. Now I'm getting pop ups! What am I doing wrong?
I've enabled the pop up blocker in control pannel/internet options/options/security and also in Norton.
This shouldent be happening should it?

Mike

Windows xp sp2
Norton Internet Security 2007
Old July 5th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Howdy bol1,

What kind of popups, and when do they occur?
Old July 5th, 2007, 02:58 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Hi Tom

The pop up were the big pop up adds that jump up in the middle of the screen out of nowhere. They were only occasional, not frequent like at a public terminal, but none the less there and anoying since I NEVER had them before the reload. I think I might have justresolved it by using the tools setting in IE7 to move filter level to high (was med before)

But the other thing I'm getting is the dancing adds that you cant turn off. Granted they are in the add box of certain sites which is out of my control. But I never got these before either just the static ones. And if you try and close them they just open up. Very anoying

Mike
Old July 5th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

I'll move this request to the CTH Internet/Browsers forum where you can get some advice on IE7 setting and things like ActiveX controls.