Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old October 24th, 2007, 05:47 AM

108 Processes Running, Please help

So my computer was running unusually slow tonight when I was playing a game, I checked my task manager.... CPU Usage said 100% and I nearly died.
A friend in the mean time was telling me I must have a crazy virus, but I still refuse to believe this, I'm way to careful and have too many anti-virus programs.

I restarted and it maintained about a 65%. I had no Applications running. I looked at the processes chart and it said 104 total, I remember my old windows xp computer used to have like 35ish, 104 is unheard of too me.

Its a fairly new laptop and just this week I had installed a lot of my old software and hadn't done any restarts in a while, I assume it just couldn't handle it all?

Anyways, what do you guys suggest I do... Heres a screen shot of what I see. Is there any unnecessary items there or an easy way to solve this problem?

Old October 25th, 2007, 12:12 AM

WOW that has to be a record!
Might be worthwhile to checkout this application.