Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > The Anything Else Board

Notices

The Anything Else Board This board has been designed for all those subjects that don't quite fit in any of the other categories, and is also a place to share ideas and knowledge that you think might prove valuable to our other visitors

Topic Tools
Old May 5th, 2015, 12:04 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
Sony : Sonic Stage

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I'm sure an administrator will move it if not.
I have many different Music Players, iPod, Creative, Walkman.
I love music.
I recently obtained a couple of old Sony Walkman NZ-A3000, mainly because they are 20GB.
I didn't realise what a problem it would be to try and transfer music to/from them.
The Software when they were released was "Sonic Stage", which is diabolical, crashes all the time or just hangs.
The only recommended alternative I can find is "jSymphonic", the problem with this is it won't work without a .dat file called DvID.dat but all they say is you need it, I've searched for how to create it but can't find a solution.
I've run Sonic Stage but that does not create the file.
Can anyone help either with a piece of software they have actually used successfully with an NZ-A3000 or how to create a .dat file so I can try jSymphonic. (Instructions in simple terms Please)
I have also tried a plug-in for Winamp but it stops winamp from working at all.
I need this to work on a Windows 7 Computer.

Last edited by Merv Wiz; May 5th, 2015 at 12:08 PM.
Old May 6th, 2015, 03:30 AM
Cyber Tech Help Administrator

Spent 25 minutes looking for DvID.dat, couldn't find it anywhere. I'm sure someone has it, but...

Interesting read at http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-716477.html. My understanding is the software includes the DvID.dat file. But what do I know?

By the way, you can get 40gb Nomad Jukebox Zen's for like under 50 bucks. Software included. Just a thought.
Old May 6th, 2015, 11:08 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
Thanks for the thoughts, Yes as far as I know the dvid.dat file should be produced by Sonic Stage but it isn't.
Mind you most topics saying that are years old and not for windows 7 and the topic you point to is for a later version player.

Last edited by Merv Wiz; May 6th, 2015 at 11:12 PM.