Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old November 18th, 2020, 02:34 AM

no im not kidding

I am using AdBlock Plus, with Chrome and Google.

Over the past year, increasingly Google spits out results at the top of the page that lead to something I hate:

"WE SEE YOU ARE USING AN AD BLOCKER, to VIEW CONTENT, DISABLE IT"

I'm looking for a simple utility that will work as AdBlock Plus used to, one hundred percent reliable.

I'm looking for something to put on Chrome so that pages with this block of my block never even load.

ALSO, a hardware issue.....I'm hoping for a piece of software to control what comes out of my speakers. If the source, whatever it is, a game, a physical DVD movie, streaming content, whatever

I want to set it so that, "NEVER make anything go Above this level, so I am not deafened by explosions and music"

I want to set it so that "When the movie is being a Dbag and I can't hear whispers, bring that stuff up to at least XYZ decibles"
Old November 19th, 2020, 12:12 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
basically you are out of luck for everything you asked for.

there are no adblockers that is 100 percent reliable. The best thing to do when you get the adblock found message, its time to find another site. There are supposed to be some extenstions that will stop those messages but the ones I tried did not work. I have been using ublock orgins since adblock plus when to the dark side and started allowing some ads forcing users to opt out. I just don't trust them anymore.

as far as I know there is absolutely no way pick and choose what plays through the speakers when turned on. I think the best you can do is to turn off sound in the programs settings by default - if they have that setting.