Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old April 11th, 2004, 06:57 PM

cannot find server or dns error

i have two computers with a wireless connection. the one with the problem is connected directly to the modem. i have had problems with soyware or adware and i think i have deleted them but now i'm not able to get on the internet. don't understand why one works and the other doesn't. don't think it is my connections but must be traces of adware left on machine. please help.
Old April 12th, 2004, 12:52 AM
CTH Subscriber

Hi diva

have you posted a hijackthis log to be reviewed? should run it and post it and let someone review it. I had the same problem and found the browser had been hijacked.

Last edited by Steven.Bentley; April 12th, 2004 at 11:55 AM. Reason: removed reference to another post that has been split out of the thread