Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old March 21st, 2023, 05:53 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Stuck verifying DMI pool data

I had a different graphic card in because old one failed. I got it back from shop and now it's doing this: It starts booting up and then gets stuck on Verifying DMI pool data. I tried repair using my windows disc but it came up: Windows can't repair this problem. I went in and changed the boot to boot on CDROM entered and rebooted and it went back to boot hard drive first.
Any help would be appreciated
kuzzz
Old March 25th, 2023, 11:26 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
DMI, the abbreviation of Desktop Management Interface, is used to check for some related hardware and software during the boot process. When the Verifying DMI Pool Data error appears, it means that a hardware or software change leads to compatibility issues and Windows fails to boot due to this error.

Appears maybe a problem with the graphic card, did they supply or did you, if they did (repair shop) then take it back, bad card.

If by chance you have on-board graphics, then take the card out hook up to it if it boots no problem then the problem is the Graphic Card.
Old March 26th, 2023, 12:09 AM
CTH Subscriber

I changed the graphics card cable and the pc booted up last night. Then this morning it won't boot up it gets as far as the windows icon and then just sits there. I tried restarting a couple times with same results
kuzzz
Old March 26th, 2023, 01:40 AM

Try getting into bios setup and set to default, save and exit. Does it have on-board video?
Old March 26th, 2023, 03:55 AM
CTH Subscriber

no on-board video. I found a old recovery disk from 2016 and booted up on it. It came up it was repairing and after about 20 minutes windows came up. Now I'm afraid to turn it off.
kuzzz
Old March 26th, 2023, 05:47 AM

Ok, it did a start up repair. I suspect a video driver problem.

Run Windows update and install any it finds, check other updates, if you see a graphic driver update it also. Then reboot.
Old March 26th, 2023, 06:59 AM
CTH Subscriber

I will do as you suggest as soon as I can get it to come back up
Thanks
kuzzz
Old March 26th, 2023, 08:41 AM

Also unplug, pull the video card out, then put back in, may not be completely seated.
Old March 27th, 2023, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf
DMI, the abbreviation of Desktop Management Interface, is used to check for some related hardware and software during the boot process. When the Verifying DMI Pool Data error appears, it means that a hardware or software change leads to compatibility issues and Windows fails to boot due to this error.
I always wondered what this meant Murf..... As you know im on 98se and when I took my computer to be serviced (2 caps replaced) it said VERIFYING DMI POOL DATA for at least 2 weeks after that when I booted up and so often still says it......

Thankfully everything seems to be loading ok..... (I dont wanna have issues)
Old March 27th, 2023, 08:54 PM

BIOS will search the first boot device to hand over its operations to the Operating System, if the operating system / MBR is not found then this error will happen - that's why your computer stalled at this specific part

Get into BIOS Setup, set to Defaults, save and exit if it boots OK, then go back in aad reset whatever differences you had i.e., number lock, also check the Boot Order and make sure your Hard Drive with Windows is the first boot device.
Old March 27th, 2023, 11:41 PM
CTH Subscriber

Well the DMI problem has gone away and as I feared when I shut down at night all was well. When I tried booting up in the morning. It won't boot all the way up I tried the recovery disc again with no success. I can get as far as the starting window and it doesn't matter how many times I try it won't go any further. Nothing happened like the computer getting moved or bumped. It worked perfectly for over 4 hours til I shut it down. This is so maddening.
Thanks for your help
kuzzz
I'm about ready to take it to the field and shooting it
Old March 28th, 2023, 12:19 AM

Get into your setup and set to default. Save and exit.
Old March 28th, 2023, 12:54 AM

Im sorry Kuzzz your having these issues...

Have you tried what Murf suggested and set things back to Default?

Good luck buddy
Old March 29th, 2023, 12:35 AM
CTH Subscriber

I'm going to try and get into cmos today and switch back to defaults. Do you think there is a chance after I do the switch back I could get the BSOD back?
Thanks
kuzzz
Old March 29th, 2023, 12:37 AM
CTH Subscriber

Also I have always had my pc to boot on CDrom first and HD second so if there is a problem I could boot from my windows disk.
kuzzz