Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old October 6th, 2019, 12:05 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Takes 2 - 5 Minutes To Access The Internet After Boot

Although other PCs quickly allow Internet Access after booting on the same modem/router configuration. My Window 7 doesn't allow access for sometime. Takes along time for the icon to show Internet Connection OK and Secured although this is done quickly with other PCs. Oddly, doesn't seem to connect until after a display by Total AV about being functioning. Have 2 Anti Virus programs running Total AV and Kaspersky. Have no idea of which version of W7 I am running.
Old October 6th, 2019, 01:59 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Do not run two different anti-virus, they will conflict with each other.

Disable one of them and see what happens.
Old October 6th, 2019, 04:33 PM

You didn't say how this problem computer connects. Is this one of the Ethernet (wired) or the wireless computer?

If this is one of the wired computers, understand those Ethernet cables are critical network devices that are cheap and easily damaged. Try another cable. And Ethernet ports can go bad too. So try a different port on the back of the router.

I agree with Murf about running two real-time AV programs at once. In some cases, it can cause conflicts. I like to say it is like two dogs guarding the same bone - each wondering what the other is up to. At the very least, running two real-time programs at once is wasting resources - assuming Windows is otherwise fully updated.