Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old March 15th, 2012, 05:54 PM

O/S: Windows Vista
Startup Problem - LG R40S Laptop

Greetings,

My LG laptop frequently fails to start up. It's running on Windows Vista Home Premium, SP 2, 32 bit.

When I ran the start-up repair the last time, many repair actions were completed successfully, with the exception of the ones mentioned below:

Root cause found
Unspecified changes to system configuration might have caused the problem

Repair action: System Restore
Result: Failed. Error code = 0xb7
Time taken = 143443ms

Repair action: System files integrity check and repair
Result: Failed. Error code = 0x490
Time taken = 611539ms

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Martin
Old March 16th, 2012, 04:27 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
How long has this been happening and exactly what happens when Vista fails to load? Have you backed up all important data? If not, do so now.