Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows 95

Notices

Windows 95 Problem solving for the Windows 95 Operating System

Topic Tools
Old April 7th, 2015, 09:49 AM

Really needing boot disk help/advice

Hi, Im very new to this forum, and am seeking some advice, which when read will seem to be the most obvious and easy task in the world, so I'm swallowing my pride and going ahead ... (I suffered an illness which caused significant memory and recall issues, and also become very confused, very quickly, so i apologise in advance)
The situation is that I have recently looked at Qemu, and through that installing Windows 95 to play some old games that are too much for dosbox, such as Blade Runner to name one. I've been using a Qemu(qcow2)image, which has Win 95 installed, however, due to the size of some games, I wish to create a larger image (approx 2gb). When i try to create another image i get "if you have HPFS or NTFS installed on your hard drive, you will need to create an MS-DOS boot partition to set up Windows". What I'm basically after is a very basic tota IDIOT guide to creating a boot disk so that I can install my Win95 onto a larger image. I've read and read and looked at so many sites, however due tobecoming confused very quickly i cannot even begin to think how to do this. I would really apreciate if someone could list step by step a guide to create a boot disk that i could follow on my windows pc, I apologise for appearing thick, but unfortunately i cannot retain information and assimilate it nowadays, which is very frustrating. More than happy to be the butt of many "thick" jokes, if someone could help, regards
Old April 7th, 2015, 09:58 PM

O/S: Linux
Hi There,
There is a win 98 boot disk in our down loads section or you can go http://www.bootdisk.com/
Old April 7th, 2015, 10:53 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Linux
It's been a long time since I've used Qemu, but surely it would be easier to create a 2nd virtual disk, add it to the VM and just format it from Windows?
http://qemu.weilnetz.de/qemu-doc.html#disk_005fimages

Then you can just install your bigger games to "E:" instead of "C:" (assuming "D:" is your CDRom).