Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old September 18th, 2009, 09:07 PM

Internet connects slowly

This problem is not serious but it's a little annoying. I've tried different things but nothing seems to work. When I reboot, the icon on the bottom left side which connects to a network takes around three minutes after the computer is fully booted to come on. I've read things on the internet about it but have yet to find a solution. May be someone had the same problem and resolved it, if so I would love to hear about it.
Old September 18th, 2009, 11:26 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hi jonathan1. Try cleanbooting (see here, Step 1: Perform a clean boot). Dont troubleshoot it yet and make sure you dont download anything or surf to dodgy sites while you are running in this state because your antivirus will be disabled. Did you notice any difference?