Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old November 10th, 2005, 03:00 PM

Expert Advise Needed!!

I am encountering three problems with my pc.

1. Constantly get this pop up stating that there is serious registry issues with my system.. with instructions to go to either fix the register or regfit for solutions... how to remove this anyone knows?

2. While on the net, my pc will suddenly blink and all image disppear from the monitor. Would have to reboot to run normally. Hates this especially when playing WOW or Runescape. How to solve this?

3. After booting up, I keep getting this pop up that says a ve.. shell file is missing, and needs to send report. Never encounter this before until two days ago. Very annoying... any wise words on this?

Any one can help me?
Old November 10th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
1. Probably not a legit Windows message. If it says "Messenger Service" on the title bar of the popup, it's an ad. Since the Messenger Service (not related to Windows Messenger or MSN Messenger) isn't of any use outside the corporate world, disable the service in Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services. Scroll down to Messenger, double click it, click the Stop button to turn it off without having to reboot, select Disabled in the Startup type drop-down list, click OK.

2. If you haven't scanned for and removed spyware recently, use at least two (or all four since each tends to find things the others miss) of these free spyware removal programs: Windows AntiSpyware, Spybot Ad-Aware and Ewido. Let each remove all the spyware it finds.

3. What is the exact wording of the error message?