Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Linux

Notices

Linux Problem solving for all open source distributions of Linux, such as Debian/Ubuntu, Fedora, RedHat, Suse, Mandriva and other proprietary unixes such as Solaris, SGI Irix. Newbie friendly too!

Topic Tools
Old September 22nd, 2004, 01:48 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
network printer, from linux to windows

Hello, I'm currently running Fedora Core 1 and I would like to set it up to use a network printer. The printer is located on a windows 200 mcahine, and is an hp deskjet 960c. How would I do this? Thank you.
Old September 24th, 2004, 08:47 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
Kage,
You need to make sure Samba is installed if not you need to install it and set up the config file. I would give you a mini how to right now but note the time of this post heheh its late. Instead I'll give you a great link to both Samba and the how to's on installing it.

http://us3.samba.org/samba/

That should give you mucho help.