Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old December 11th, 2012, 12:28 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Startup Repair pops up on Windows 7 Ultimate PC and then system restore fails...??

So my mom opened up her laptop one day and it appeared to be starting up normal, however when it got to the "staring windows" page, the logo didn't pop up.......and then after a short while, this appeared:

Then this:

So after pressing "Don't Send", this appeared:

I clicked the second option; "view advanced....", and this appears:

I selected System Restore, and restored it to the point where she got it, and this appeared:

then finally this:

However when i press restart, after loading normally at first the windows logo again does appear above"starting windows", and then the first image appears again.

Soooo, I'm thinking a critical system file has gone corrupt or is missing.......does anyone know of any fix i can do to resolve the problem, or am i going to have to ask the person who gave this laptop to my mom to give me a new OS disk so that i can reinstall windows from scratch?

Thanks a ton for any help!! xD

Last edited by Murf; December 11th, 2012 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Make it readable
Old December 11th, 2012, 01:17 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
It looks like malware. Since the Restore Points are immediately infected once malware gets a toehold, restoring the system only restores the problem.

Read Malware Removal Forum Guidelines, then start a new thread in our Malware Removal Forum and work with the experts there to get things cleaned up.