Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old August 24th, 2008, 06:26 PM

Exclamation help

hi everyone,need help.cannot get flash player to work or shockwave.am unable to see downloads always being asked to download or update flash player.but nothing happens.any help would be great.thanks

I am using Windows XP, and when I try to open a game it says it needs Flash Player 8 or higher do I want to download so I said yes and it starts to download then it says the version is not the most current go to Adobe site and download the most current, then says perhaps I don't have permission but it's my home computer and I do have permission, then it says Error: Access violation at 0x00575D1A (tried to read 0x00000000), program terminated.

i am running a hp pavilion a612x and cant get the flash to work i have tried to uninstal it and reinstall both the flash and the game from pogo operation can you help me
Old August 25th, 2008, 02:43 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
I would start with deleteing temp. internet files, the history and cookies, something that can mess with something like this. After that update the flash and shockwave and trying the game

If you use IE browser, click tools, internet options, delete files, delete history and delete cookies,. Click okay, then close browser and open a new one.
Old August 25th, 2008, 03:14 AM

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Also, uninstall Flash, using this: http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...nalId=tn_14157
Install fresh copy.