Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Linux

Notices

Linux Problem solving for all open source distributions of Linux, such as Debian/Ubuntu, Fedora, RedHat, Suse, Mandriva and other proprietary unixes such as Solaris, SGI Irix. Newbie friendly too!

Topic Tools
Old April 10th, 2007, 10:33 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
ml-2510 samsung laser printer

I've been trying to configure my printer to print, but nothing I do seems to work. I don't really no how to make the auto run work but thru trial and error the driver shows up in the printer driver screen at setup. But when I print test page the printer starts up for a few seconds and then stops. When I look in the print properties it says job stopped. I'm running Ubuntu 6.10 (Edgy Fit). I installed the driver from the cd. It does comes with a linux driver. I've spent hours searching and it seems to be a common problem and any fixes I've seen I'm not experienced enough to figure out. Most of my installs have been thru copying and pasting to the terminal.
Old April 15th, 2007, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekaanand View Post
I've been trying to configure my printer to print, but nothing I do seems to work. I don't really no how to make the auto run work but thru trial and error the driver shows up in the printer driver screen at setup. But when I print test page the printer starts up for a few seconds and then stops. When I look in the print properties it says job stopped. I'm running Ubuntu 6.10 (Edgy Fit). I installed the driver from the cd. It does comes with a linux driver. I've spent hours searching and it seems to be a common problem and any fixes I've seen I'm not experienced enough to figure out. Most of my installs have been thru copying and pasting to the terminal.
I found the cure by installing the printer through the cups program. It went off without a hitch. I'll try to find the exact procedure and post it. Thanks.
Old April 15th, 2007, 06:37 PM

Here's the link to the web based printer called common unixs printing system.
Paste this into your browser. http://localhost:631 And here's a great free resource for learning linux.
http://www.beginlinux.org/
http://www.beginlinux.org/course/category.php?id=3

Last edited by vivekaanand; April 15th, 2007 at 06:40 PM. Reason: minor mistake here's the correct url