Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old December 28th, 2006, 12:29 AM

Run-time error '75': Path/File Access Error / Internet Problems

So I have a majorly simple problem.
My computer was starting to get outdated and the internet one day just decided to quit working. I messed around with it for a few days before I get fed up and went out and bought all new hardware for my computer. I put it all together, partitioned and formatted my HD, re-installed windows and put my Motherboard/Video Card drivers on it and it worked flawlessly except for the internet.

We tried everything we could think of, different router ports, cables, on-board and PCI computer ports, the "plug and play" internet gig and giving it its own IP address and nothing works. The LAN it is on will work but not the actual internet. One thing I did notice is when IE failed to go the site it would look for do "Downloading from site: res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll\dnserror.htm" ... I tried to fix it upon what I found out and no luck.

I RE-partitioned and formatted my HD and RE-installed a DIFFERENT copy of Windows (A slightly newer OEM version than the previous one) and still have no internet; but am NOT having "Downloading from site: res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll\dnserror.htm" show up. Instead it just searches on the 15Mb line its on for about a minute and will show up with no address. Another problem that arose with the newer Windows XP version is trying to install the drivers for my new 512Mb Video Card... My CD drives are fine and will read fine except something with these drivers. When I insert the video card drivers it will read for about twenty seconds and pop up with a little box that reads "Run-time Error '75': Path/File Access Error" and thats it... Cant install them.

I cant figure it out and have no clue what to do or try now; Im so stressed about it at this point my chest hurts. Someone help me!
Old December 28th, 2006, 07:07 AM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Run-time error '75': Path/File Access Error /

The runtime or run-time error message can be caused by:

1. Confliction with TSR (programs that stay in memory until needed such as a virus scanner) or other running programs.

2. Software issue

3. Computer Virus

4. Memory issue

Error 75 can be the program does not have rights or access to a file or can also be caused when the file is being used by another program or is read-only.

Try shutting down running programs such as antivirus, firewall, etc. Keep only enough running for Windows to operate, then try to install the drivers.
Old December 28th, 2006, 07:13 AM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Run-time error '75': Path/File Access Error /

This may help with your internet problems:

http://pcpitstop.com/internet/
Old December 28th, 2006, 11:48 AM

Okay, Ill try that in the morning... One thing I have noticed now...
The Windows Security features (The IE Pop-Up Blocker and Windows Firewall) turn themselves on after being turned off.