Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Open Discussion A place to chat with other members about non-technical related topics

Topic Tools
Old May 24th, 2022, 05:22 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Gmail Spam filter

I periodically check the mail caught by Gmail in the spam filter, just in case a wanted message has been caught by mistake.

I am noticing an increase in spam from dating sites and mail offering sexual services. I don't open any of these but can see the type of message from the first line which is displayed.

I've never replied to anything nor given my email address to any such site. However the mail received comes addressed to my account.

Are others with Gmail accounts receiving such messages? Some days I receive 5 or 6 such messages occasionally more than this each day.

I'm not sure if someone has subscribed me to some of these places, or if one of my contacts computer has been hacked or if there is some other reason for the multitude of these.

I don't have a problem as most are caught by the filter, those that are not I send to spam without opening, but I would appreciate input from anyone who can throw light on the number of these that I receive.
Old May 25th, 2022, 03:29 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
I just been getting a daily email from southwest airlines congratulating me for being selected for something. Did not bother to open to see more.

Not too long ago I was receiving daily spam for different accounts supposedly compromised. And before that, I was getting text messages and emails looking for hookups. I think some types of spam comes in bulk then move on to another type.