Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Networking

Notices

Networking Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Networking, router, and Wi-Fi issues

Topic Tools
Old June 29th, 2011, 08:30 PM

Problem Connecting to my VPS (moved from Vista)

Well im new here and it looks like a nice community, so hello.

Now to my problem.

I bought a VPS from a reputable company and all was well untill last night. I am unable to connect to my VPS via SSH, VNC or even my Plesk Power Panel directly. I Can connect to Plesk power panel through a web-based proxy ( like daveproxy ).

The error i get when trying to connect via SSH is: "Network Error: Software caused connection abort"

VNC error: ReadExact: SocketIPv4 error while reading

Error while trying to connect to Plesk Power Panel: "The connection was reset"

. I have contact the VPS provider they have checked and confirmed that all services are up and running as expected and they are able to log into plesk power panel and ssh, Confirming that the problem is at my end.

All the googling i have done has been fruitless really. They all seem to assume that the services are actually unavailable which is clearly not the case.

Any help would be great.

VPS: is running Centos 5.5
Me: Vista